09 April, 2013

I Love Rainy Days

I know...I live in Wisconsin. It snows here for 6 months out of the year and we crave the warm sunshine of spring. How dare I laud the week worth of slop headed our way?

I don't know. I just know I love rainy days. There is something clean and comforting about the wind and rain. There is something extra special about spring rain. It's cool and wet.

My daughter was born on a rainy night. There was nothing more comforting than the cool breeze coming in from the cracked window and the sound of pouring rain on the rooftop.

This morning as I drove into the office, I came upon our iconic church steeple. This morning was different though. The steeple was there, but the cross was buried in the low clouds masking any identification with Christ.

I'm not sure where that leaves me, but it seemed significant in some way.

Today is one of those days where I want to sit by my windows and watch. Better yet, open the window a crack and just listen...

No comments: